05/09/2013

The Louvre, Paris

While in Paris I went to the Louvre gallery, considered one of the world’s biggest galleries, a title rightly earned as I didn’t even get the chance to see the entire gallery.


First things first I of course saw the Mona Lisa which as many say is a bit of a disappointment with the think glass in front of it and the barriers and crowds, but none the less I can at least say I’ve seen it. (I can also get my Life Scouts badge!) Fortunately there were plenty of other paintings which I could get up close and personal with to see the details.


There were many amazing sculptures, with incredibly details, showing scenes of power. One of which was the famous Venus de Milo.



There were also masses of relics, including Egyptian, Greek, Etruscan and Roman antiquities.

Again like the galleries I’ve visited near me, I found the building itself the most inspiring, from the ridiculous lengths of white walls to the glass pyramids, used as the entrance to the gallery. There were even small pyramids used as skylights, which you could look through to see inside the gallery from above.

And it’s even more impressive when you enter inside with huge decorative spaces.

There was even parts of the building which had been kept in its original state, with overly decorative rooms and furniture.

There was such a contrast to each part of the building.

So many beautiful staircases, ceilings and windows.

Overall, it was such a massively inspiring place!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Claire Morgan Creative. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig